Editor’s note: Comprised of teams from the Central California Athletic League, Central California Conference, Valley Oak League and Western Athletic Conference. Last week’s ranking and current record in parenthesis.
1. (1) Turlock (7-2, 4-0): The Bulldogs are gunning for a second straight outright Central California Athletic League title on Friday during the Harvest Bowl. Hard-charging running back Anthony Frias (865 rushing yards, eight touchdowns) is nearing a 1,000-yard season. Friday: vs. Pitman.
2. (2) Buhach Colony (9-0, 4-0): Led by MVP candidate Youlas Dickson, the Thunder can clinch a perfect regular season and Central California Conference with a victory over Bloss Bowl rival Atwater. Friday: at Atwater.
3. (3) Central Catholic (5-4, 5-0): The Raiders look to repeat as outright Valley Oak League champions, but may be without two-way standout Nic Sani (shoulder). Since its rough start to the season, Central Catholic has won five straight games. Friday: vs. Oakdale.
4. (4) Manteca (7-2, 4-1): The Buffaloes may be the most dangerous team in the region. Since a narrow loss to Central Catholic in their VOL opener, Manteca has won four straight games, averaging 64 points per game. Jacob DeJesus has 1,521 all-purpose yards and 18 touchdowns. Friday: vs. East Union.
5. (5) Oakdale (6-3, 4-1): The Mustangs have had two weeks to prepare for Friday’s de facto VOL Championship at Central Catholic. Friday: at Central Catholic.
The rest of the Top 10:
6. (6) Downey (6-3, 3-1): vs. Modesto.
7. (7) Sierra (7-2, 3-2): vs. Weston Ranch.
8. (8) Atwater (7-2, 4-1): vs. Buhach Colony.
9. (9) Merced (4-5, 3-2): at Golden Valley.
10. (nr) Los Banos (5-4, 5-1): at Pacheco.