Editor’s note: Comprised of teams from the Central California Athletic League, Central California Conference, Valley Oak League and Western Athletic Conference. Last week’s ranking and current records in parenthesis.
1. (1) Turlock (3-2, 0-0): The Bulldogs aren’t penalized for playing one of the region’s toughest schedule, including last week’s loss to Central of Fresno, the top-ranked team in the Central Section. The Bulldogs have two weeks to prepare for their Central California Athletic League opener against sixth-ranked Downey. Friday: Bye.
2. (2) Buhach Colony (5-0, 1-0): Cal-bound senior Trey Paster scored three touchdowns, including two through the air as the Thunder rolled over a chief threat in the Central California Conference. Friday: Bye.
3. (4) Oakdale (3-2, 1-0): Mustang coach Trent Merzon notched his 200th career victory with a 42-14 win over East Union to start the Valley Oak League. Leading the charge was first-year quarterback Jackson Holt, who was 7 of 10 for 186 yards and three TDs. Friday: at Weston Ranch.
4. (6) Central Catholic (1-4, 1-0): Minaya Olivo returned from injury to score the game-winning touchdown with 77 seconds left and Dalton Durossette, the team’s do-everything quarterback, blocked an extra-point as the Raiders snapped a season-long four-game losing streak. Friday: vs. Sierra.
5. (3) Manteca (3-2, 0-1): The Buffaloes outgained the Raiders in a 27-26 loss, but can point to two empty red zone trips, 11 penalties and a blocked extra-point kick as the culprits in their fifth consecutive loss to Central Catholic. Friday: Bye.
6. (4) Downey (3-2, 0-0): The Knights were blown out for the second straight week, losing to McClymonds of Oakland 55-6. Downey’s high-octane offense was limited to six points and none over the final three quarters. Friday: Bye.
7. (8) Sierra (5-0, 1-0): Junior Kimoni Stanley continued his strong start with 157 yards on just 12 carries as the Timberwolves celebrated homecoming with a resounding win over Kimball. Stanley topped the 100-yard mark in the first quarter. Friday: at Central Catholic.
8. (7) Patterson (3-2, 0-1): The Tigers fall one spot after losing to Buhach Colony in their Central California Conference opener under the palms. Patterson struggled with the Thunder’s depth and physicality. Friday: at Golden Valley.
9. (9) Atwater (4-1, 1-0): Quarterback Julius Peacock accounted for four touchdowns as the Falcons blanked El Capitan, 48-0. Peacock rushed for two scores and connected twice more with Nathan Knight and Xavier Williams. Friday: at Central Valley.
10. (nr) Davis (4-0, 1-0): The Spartans won their fourth consecutive game to start the season with a 48-27 victory over Mountain House, a reigning Western Athletic Conference champion, in their league opener. Quarterback Elijah Davis rushed for 246 yards and totaled five touchdowns for the second week in a row. Friday: vs. Los Banos (at Modesto JC).