Editor's note: Comprised of teams from the Central California Athletic Alliance, Mother Lode League, Southern League and Trans-Valley League. Last week's rankings and current records in parenthesis.
1. (1) Ripon (8-1, 4-1): After registering a momentous victory over then-state-ranked No. 1 Escalon, the Indians grinded through a 38-14 win at Hughson. Nico Ilardi threw three touchdown passes for the Indians, who have reached into their lower-levels for much-needed depth. Friday: vs. Modesto Christian.
2. (2) Escalon (8-1, 4-1): The Cougars rebounded from their first loss of the season with a 55-24 win over Livingston. Quarterback Ty Harris bounced back from a season-worst outing against the Indians with a season-high 202 yards and two touchdowns. Friday: vs. Hughson.
3. (3) Hilmar (8-1, 4-1): Thirteen players carried the ball in the Yellowjackets’ 49-7 victory over Riverbank, and five reached the end zone including seniors Trevor Anderson and Justin Barros, Trent Crowley, as well as juniors Randy Lozano and Cordero Silveira. Friday: at Livingston.
4. (4) Ripon Christian (8-1, 6-0): Sean McGovern continued his MVP-caliber season with 132 yards and four touchdowns on 20 carries and an interception, his fourth of the season, in a 35-7 victory over Le Grand. Friday: at Delhi.
5. (7) Amador (8-1, 3-1): Gunner Drake threw five touchdown passes, including three to Nash Wylie as the Buffaloes forced a three-way tie atop the Mother Lode League and handed Sonora its first-ever league loss. Friday: at Argonaut.
The rest of the Top 10:
6. (5) Sonora (4-5, 3-1): at Summerville.
7. (7) Calaveras (6-3, 3-1): vs. Bret Harte.
8. (9) Denair (7-2, 5-1): at Waterford.
9. (8) Livingston (6-3, 3-2): vs. Hilmar.
10. (10) Mariposa (5-4, 4-2): at Le Grand.